Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm Alive!!

So in true horrible blogger fashion I disappeared for a while! Life happened and things got crazy there for quite a while , however things are on the upswing again!   So I plaon on doing the quick updates on whats been going on AND then I'll update on a normal basis finally!!

Lillian had her ABR , the results at first were exactly as we had expected - nothing , there was just no response. The audioloist pulled the tubes out and behold on BOTH tubes on the ends there was soemthing clogging each one (insert shocked face here) she said it could have been any number of things but that we should prbably do it again because obviously nothing was getting down in there. She did it again and *drumroll please*    Lillian heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   there were a few pitches that were not within normal limits but they may or may not come to her in time we will have to have her tested again. The first 2 days afterward were acctually rather miserable anything above a high whisper had the poor girl crying hysterically , I called the audiologist and our dr and both said more than likely it was a bit of sensory overload but that it would get better and my goodness it has.  We also found out she has abnormal curvatures in both ears so she more than likely will never be able to pass the OAE testing but we are ok with that. No matter what the results would have been we would have been ok with them.I'm also not going to lie - we are THRILLED she can hear.   



On to my other princess - Miss Haley!!  Miss Haley has just finished her school year , and had a good last week of school. I can not believe how time flies! It seems like yesterday she was Lillians age , and now I'm just wondering where my baby went! She manages to amaze me daily , in so many ways. I am very very blessed that her stepmother and I have a wonderful relationship and I get pictures almost daily and updates when she is not here. She will be up here for the summer this weekend and I can not WAIT!!! She is pretty excited to be going into 3rd grade in the fall , and already told me this summer she wants lots of bike riding , book reading and animals. The girl LOVES animals , and honestly is smarter than i am when it comes to most of them. Nothing like seeign a commercial and having your 8 yr old pipe up with " hey that cant happen those animals dont live there they live ( insert place here) "  She is wonderful! and SO grown up now!!!


The Mancub Lucas - oh my my what a handful he is!!! He turned 5 in April and apparently that makes him a grown up! He "graduated" from preschool back in May , it was an adorable event all the way around. There is always the one kid who runs up the aisle straight to the teacher for a hug because they dont like the crowd , then there is the one kid who walks down struttin- I'll let you guess which one he was LOL . He has also gotten into the transformers and building phase - I am pretty sure that at any given point in time we can find a lego or transformer creation somewhere in the house. He has also entered the whiniest phase of his life so far, I am really hoping he outgrows this by the time school starts, otherwise I'm sure I will be at the school a few times a week to pick him up early and I would really rather not!!! However he has also gotten into a very helpful phase , be it feeding teh dog or playing with the baby long enough for me to get dishes done or even better - finish a though! I love it. and I love my little man!  and here is Mr Cool  himself getting ready to head off to his graduation!



The dog is still the dog , barks at random stuff , is always laying just where we want to walk and snoring. Micaiah however is now officially licensed as an EMT in the state of Va - I couldnt be prouder of him!! He also has a newjob that has him commuting like crazy, job isnt bad at all just the drive. I could really do without the up by 3:30 and out the door by 4:30 to be at work! We have talked about moving closer down to work at some point , we will be waiting to see what happens since the cost of housing gets so much higher down there but I have a feeling it will even out since the drive wont be nearly as far or as long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment